The National Traffic Call Center
Call centre Number : 0861 400 800 (Not toll free)
Fax no : 086 602 5928
How many times have you said: there is no traffic officer around when needed, or how often have you wished you could report a blatant traffic offence, an un-roadworthy vehicle or aggressive...
Purpose of the Call Centre
The purpose of the Call Centre is to, with the assistance of commuters and road users in general, amongst others identify:
- The occurrence of road traffic offences on the road and street system
- To promote voluntary compliance with traffic legislation
- To reduce traffic contraventions and road rage
- To improve safe and courteous road user behaviour
Information to be reported
To make the best use of the information provided by the public to the Call Centre, the following minimum information is required:
- The name of the Province in which the incident/offence was detected (Gauteng, Free State, etc)
- In Built-up Areas and Cities and Towns : the name of the City or Town and Suburb as well as the Name of the Street or Junction between two streets...
Use of the reported information
The information collected by the Centre is, amongst others, utilised for:
- Advising the registered owner of the vehicle by letter of the nature and location of the alleged offence, together with a road safety message.
- Identification of regular offenders (after they have been reported a number of times) and request senior Provincial and Local Authority traffic officers to meet with such persons and explain the unacceptability....